Konica Minolta Applications / Cost Accounting
You can count on Konica Minolta to deliver cost accounting systems that
are simple and enable you to monitor, manage, and measure all network
document activity from a single point. Plus, efficient cost accounting
systems that let you configure multiple-copy units for coins, bills and
stored value cards.
Print management software that gives IT administrators the flexibility to let students, faculty and staff print what they need and when they need it, wherever they are located. At the same time, it helps to reduce total print output and costs, accurately allocate print costs, implement print quotas, and enable guest printing through pay-for-print.
Give students and faculty unprecedented access to network printing without worrying about having to recover lost costs. Equitrac Express printing management system makes it easy for educational organizations to accomplish three critical objectives: reduce document output costs, ensure the security of printed documents and significantly reduce waste
As user requirements for printing change and IT infrastructures evolve, education organizations require dynamic and intelligent print management solutions that provide the necessary control, convenience and choice to fully support evolving user requirements while reducing IT complexities.
The printing management system is compatible with leading campus card systems and any printer/MFP and in use by more than 3,000 educational institutions, Equitrac Express lets organizations print the way that they want. It reduces strain on IT by offering the flexibility to deploy print using print servers, or through an innovative print system called I-Queue™, the intelligent print queue. Konica Minolta’s printing management system makes it easy to set up campus-wide policies for printing and enforce them – consistently and automatically – to promote responsible printing behavior and keep costs under control:
- Provides an independent pay-for-print and tracking system that integrates with any printer/MFP, as well as leading campus card systems
- Track all print jobs at a user- or school-level in order to accurately budget and chargeback for all printing expenses
- Recover thousands of dollars of print costs by ending the practice of "free" printing, which occurs when campuses provide open access to network printing - in computer labs, academic buildings and other locations - but have no way to account for the costs
- Provide secure and convenient mobile print services, while managing mobile print activity just like on-network printing
- Determine appropriate print quotas that can be included as part of tuition or student fees, and the exact cost of each print job that may be charged
- Replace coin boxes or stored value cards currently used to track copying, which require a great deal of manual labor to maintain
- Deliver more secure and convenient printing through Follow-You Printing®, which holds documents in a secure server and prints them out only when users authenticate at the device of their choice via PIN code or campus card
- Support sustainability and green initiatives through a reduction of print waste by enforcing rules such as forced duplex for printing and copying and the elimination of unnecessary printing by holding jobs in a secure print queue until a user releases them at a printer; and provides full accounting of the resulting cost and environmental savings