Konica Minolta Announces The Availability Of the Konica Minolta 7272 And 7255 Departmental Document Systems
Konica Minoltas 7272 and 7255 Departmental Document Systems features small footprints, easy-to-use features and robust finishing options.
RAMSEY, N.J. - January 20, 2004
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) today announced the availability of the Konica Minolta 7272 and 7255 Departmental Document Systems. Designed for the workgroup and departmental environments, these next-generation products feature small footprints, easy-to-use features and robust finishing options, and are ideal for high-output markets such as legal, education and healthcare.
Built on the core engine of their highly-successful predecessors - the Konica Minolta 7155 and 7165 Departmental Document Systems - the 7272 and 7255 feature B&W print and copy speeds of 72 pages per minute (ppm) and 55ppm, respectively, scanning at 70 originals per minute (opm) with a built-in scan counter, and consistent, high-quality output with Konica Minolta's Simitri® Polymerized Toner technology. Paper capacity has been improved with the addition of a fourth tray on the main body, increasing the standard paper capacity to 3,600 sheets, while maintaining two user-adjustable universal trays with a maximum paper size of 12" x 18". An optional 4,000-sheet large capacity tray (LCT) is also available to increase the product's maximum paper capacity to 7,600 sheets.
- A variety of features were added to the 7272 and 7255 to improve usability, including:
- An increased response speed of the touchscreen and hard keys, eliminating time-consuming mistakes associated with delayed touchscreens;
- New "darker" and "lighter" settings on the LCD touch screen and a density meter to allow for simple adjustments;
- An increase in the number of reserve jobs that can be stored ahead from 5 jobs to 10 jobs (1 running and 9 reserved);
- Improved interrupt mode functionality, providing the ability to use the automatic document feeder (ADF) when completing jobs during interrupt mode;
- Higher scan-to-email touchscreen functionality, allowing users to select email addresses by choosing from an alphabetical list on the touch screen;
- Advanced IP Connexion™ utility functions that allow IT administrators and other users to remotely set the IP address of the engine, as well as the scan-to-email function, via a Web browser; and
- A maximum engine memory capacity of up to 576MB, enabling the device to handle thousands more pages in its memory.
New Finishing Options
To help meet the increased demand for start-to-finish document output by corporate departments and workgroups, Konica Minolta offers two new finishing options with the 7272 and 7255. A new output tray (OT-101) allows the devices to support offset functions in a basic exit tray with a maximum capacity of up to 1,250 sheets. This feature is ideal for small workgroups and datacenters with limited space that do not require stapling. For those environments where stapling is a common task, a new finisher (FS-111) offers 100-sheet, 8-position stapling and an output capacity of 3,000 sheets.
"Over the past two years, the 7155 and 7165 Departmental Document Systems have been enormously popular devices among our customers, dealers and the industry. We have raised the bar with the 7272 and 7255, offering a wide array of new functionality and producing our most complete departmental product to date," said William H. Brewster, Jr., vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. "More and more companies are choosing to bring their document output needs in-house, and the 7272 and 7255, with their small footprint, easy-to-use functionality and ability to handle diverse workloads, are ideal machines for that environment."
Highlighted Features of the 7272 and 7255:
- B&W copy and print speeds of 72ppm and 55ppm, respectively
- Scan speeds of 70opm
- Maximum monthly duty cycle - 300,000 pages
- 600 x 600 dpi resolution
- Konica Minolta's Simitri Polymerized Toner
- Toner yields - 47,500 impressions
- Full-bleed 11" x 17" output
- 3,600-sheet standard/7,600-sheet maximum paper capacity
- Konica Minolta's Advanced Continuous Toner™ (ACT) technology
- Konica Minolta IP-511 Type A print controller with 566MHz processor, RAM expandable up to 192MB, and a standard 20GB hard drive
- Advanced finishing options, including the FS-210 booklet maker finisher offering standard 8-position stapling and saddle-stitched booklet making of up to 80-page booklets, as well as the new FS-111 finisher that features 100-sheet, 8-position stapling and an output capacity of 3,000 sheets.
Pricing and Availability
The Konica Minolta 7272 and 7255 are available through Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc.'s North American direct sales, authorized dealer and value-added reseller channels. The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the Konica Minolta 7272 is $26,500. The MSRP for the Konica Minolta 7255 is $17,950. The MSRP for the IP-511 Type A print controller is $3,500. Pricing for the optional equipment is available upon request.