Konica Minolta’s Remote Automated Maintenance System for Multifunction Printers Certified Green
vCare™ Saves Customers Time and Money While Reducing Environmental Impact
Ramsey, N.J. – November 24, 2014 – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) announces that the bizhub vCare system for its multifunction printers has been certified green by Miercom. vCare is remote diagnostic software that enables the monitoring, managing, and servicing of intelligent devices over the Internet.
The bizhub vCare solution is designed to offer enhanced customer care through efficient management of Konica Minolta’s line of bizhub, bizhub PRO, and bizhub PRESS multifunction products (MFP) and printers. bizhub vCare is embedded technology within each MFP that monitors the overall function of each device, allowing service personnel direct access to equipment via the Internet. vCare-enabled bizhub products communicate via email or http messages to the central vCare diagnostic server for routine status updates, toner and supply level and meter reads, as well as urgent operational, diagnostic messages when service is required. This happens transparently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without interfering with product use. Because bizhub vCare collects all counter and detailed MFP status information, it improves first-service-call effectiveness, delivers proactive service alert features and facilitates intelligent supply management.
Miercom is a leading independent test facility that participates in hands-on testing of products, solutions and services for the enterprise network and communications industry. Products and solutions are evaluated based on power consumption, energy efficiency, and overall environmental design. Konica Minolta engaged Miercom to evaluate its DRM system, bizhub vCare™, as well as several Konica Minolta devices, representative of the entire bizhub product line.
Based on the Miercom evaluation, some of the key environmental benefits of bizhub vCare include:
- The ability to track consumable items such as MFP filters, ensuring that they are replaced when needed. This reduces the exposure to exhaust, which can include carbon dioxide, ozone and toner dust. In fact, the latest version of bizhub vCare can track carbon dioxide emissions as well.
- The ability to track usage and power consumption data, which can be used to minimize energy consumption.
- Fuel savings: bizhub vCare has the ability to send intelligent error code alerts, which help pinpoint operational issues. If necessary, it can prompt a service technician to be dispatched immediately and arrive with the proper part needed to resolve the problem. As a result, it is very likely the service issue is being proactively resolved during the first visit, eliminating the need for follow-up trips.
Research conducted by Miercom validated Konica Minolta’s ongoing commitment to preserving the environment with efforts such as:
- Konica Minolta’s Medium-Term Environmental Plan, which seeks to achieve numerous green objectives by 2016. Objectives include reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 60% in product usage, 10% in product manufacturing, 30% in product distribution and 50% in product sales and service.
- Konica Minolta’s Green Factory Certification system, which evaluates the environmental activities of its production sites around the world.
- The “Clean Planet” toner cartridge and consumable recycling program, a cost-free, green option for customers.
“Achieving Green Certification was an important goal for the company,” said Kevin Kern, senior vice president, Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. “Under the brand proposition ‘Giving Shape to Ideas,’ we are committed to remaining vital to society by driving sustainability initiatives across every aspect of our business. Innovative services and solutions, such as bizhub vCare, save our customers time and money while also considering the environment. Our recognition from Miercom exemplifies our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen."
For additional information or to download the full Miercom Certified Green Report, please visit: http://www.miercom.com/2014/08/konica-minolta-bizhub-vcare-2-8-certified-green/
Konica Minolta has also been included in the DJSI World and DJSI Asia Pacific, FTSE4Good Global Index of the U.K.-based FTSE Group and the Japan-based Morningstar Socially Responsible Investment Index. The company has also been awarded RobecoSAM Silver Class, as well as Prime Status by the Germany-based oekom research AG, and is among the best companies for corporate citizenship in its international industry segment.
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. is a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services. Our solutions help organizations improve their speed to market, manage technology costs, and facilitate the sharing of information to increase productivity. Clients trust Konica Minolta to help them envision how they can achieve their goals and deliver innovative solutions to give shape to their ideas. Konica Minolta has won numerous awards including placement in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services (MPS) and Managed Content Services (MCS), and recognition as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for seven consecutive years, and “A3 MFP Line of the Year” award winner from Buyers Laboratory LLC for an unprecedented four consecutive years. In 2012, Konica Minolta received “Document Imaging Solutions Line of the Year” recognition from BLI. Konica Minolta, Inc. has also been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for three years in a row. For more information, please visit www.CountOnKonicaMinolta.com and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Konica Minolta Contacts
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
# # # # #
Konica Minolta bizhub is a registered trademark of Konica Minolta, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.