In recent weeks, companies have needed to quickly mobilize teams from the office environment to working remotely. In many cases, they simply did whatever they needed to do to get their employees connected at home and up and running. But there are definitely guidelines and protocols to follow to ensure teams are working efficiently and most importantly, securely. Below are some tips to help make the transition.
How to quickly ramp up a distributed team
While you have likely already pivoted your team to work remotely, here are some general guidelines around the scenarios we have seen:
• LAPTOPS AND TABLETS – can users connect to corporate resources, via VPN, Remote Desktop Services, or SaaS applications without issue? Do they have all the endpoint security tools installed and are they managed?
• HOME COMPUTERS – Ensure home systems can connect to resources, preferably through Citrix or Terminal Services for best security practices. It is harder to manage the security on personal computers than corporate-deployed laptops that have all the required security protections pre-installed and up-to-date.
• COLLABORATION – Does your organization have remote collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Unified Communication or Zoom? If yes, do all users have licenses and software installed and are they trained on how to use it? For companies with Office365, you can enable Teams easily for chat, secure data sharing, collaboration and much more.
• WEB ACCESS – Many users are unaware they can access many applications via the web and do not require VPN. Are they aware and educated on how to access these applications, such as Office365, Outlook Web Access, OneDrive, DropBox and G-suite?
• SECURITY – Cannot stress this enough – ensure ALL devices that are accessing corporate resources have malware protection and scheduled scanning is enabled. NOW is the best time to deploy a managed security awareness training program, COVID-19 Coronavirus phishing emails are on the rise!
How to make sure your employees are handling the change well
How to be efficient while keeping everybody sane
Adjusting to a new work reality at home can be challenging, especially for those with children who are balanced their full-time job with at-home schooling. All Covered is here to help with anything from assistance with collaboration and communication tools, security, hardware and more.
Our new virtual event series encompasses a curation of sessions around the evolving work environment and how “we’ve got you all covered,” addressing the new normal, what’s essential and what’s new with the changing needs and evolution of businesses and organizations. Register today and gain an adaptive advantage to be resilient and dominate any changes to come.